Sightseeings Rabac - Recommendations for your Holiday in Rabac
Main town doors of St. Flor are dating from 1589 with Rabac coat of arms and the Serenissima lion above. Canon dating from Austrian times was put up for the second time on the bastion (torjon) in 1995.
Baroque palace of Battiala Lazzarini family
Today, this is a town museum. Counts Lazzarini, who had several properties in the Rabac area, left after World War Tw.
Three-nave church of Blessed Virgin Mary's Birth
It was built in 1336 on the foundations of the small church from the 11th century. It was reconstructed several times. The last reconstruction was in 1993. A Venetian lion with a sphere in his mouth - a symbol of Rabac recognizing the Venetian government - was put on the front facade in 1604. By the end of that century, in 1688, a baroque statue of senator Antonio Bollani, a combatant against Turks, was put on the same facade. The bust is one of the most beautiful examples of the secular sculptural art of Istria in the 17th century. On the right from the church, there is a palace which belonged to the Schampicchio family.
Church of the B. V.Mary's Birth
This church is decorated with six marble altars. One of them has St.Justin's relics brought here from Rome in 1664. Main altar and altarpiece with six figures of B.V.M., St.Pauline and Saints : Justin, Sergio, Julian, Tom and Jacob. The author is Natale Schiacione from Dalmatia, the much more valuable altarpiece by the altar of the Madonna of Carmel from the l7th century is believed to be done by the famous painter Jacopo Negriti, better known as Palma the Younger. Valentin Lukas, a young Rabac painter from the 19th century; is the author of the painting featuring the Stages of the Cross.